Although, hormones get an ill fortune for a variety of reasons like creating changes at puberty and mood swings, but without them survival is near to impossible. The facts about hormones are that they enable a human body to reproduce, grow and function well. Moreover, Libido is in control of hormones as well. In the same way, premenstrual syndrome is also associated with hormonal imbalance, because the human body suffers mysterious conditions in that.
The hormones are produced by the endocrine system that is tiny in size but controlling and maintaining most of the regulatory mechanisms of the human body. All the regulatory mechanisms are under the control of hormones. The hormones produce from one endocrine gland, and their secretion causes another endocrine gland to stimulate the secretion of hormones. In the endocrine system the glands are working for specific secretions. Likewise hormones are secreted from glands in our endocrine system.
Every gland performs its own duty. The key players who produce hormones are as follows:
• Pituitary gland
• Thyroid gland
• Parathyroid gland
• Adrenal gland
The facts about Hormones associated with Pituitary gland:
The pituitary gland, located in front of brain produce hormones that control thyroid gland, ovaries, adrenal gland and testis. This gland is also known as master gland. It is pea shaped and takes order from the tiny brain part known as hypothalamus. This gland has three parts anterior, posterior and intermediate lobes. Each of the glands has different functions. The anterior lobe of the pituitary gland helps in sexual maturation, tissue development and reproduction in human body.
According to the facts about hormones it is primary hormonal gland. It looks like butterfly, located at the front of the neck under our voice box, and contain two lobes on the side of trachea. Thyroid gland plays a major role in metabolism, bone density, heart and digestive functions, muscle control and other developmental growth of human body. It releases steady or constant number of thyroid hormones into our bloodstream, which helps to regulate many functions. Thyroid gland secrets three hormones, these are
• Triiodothyronine (T3)
• Tetraiodothyronine (Thyroxine orT4)
T3 and T4 are proper thyroid hormones as iodine is the main building block of both the hormones. We take iodine through our diet and absorbed it into our bloodstream then carried it to the thyroid gland, where it is finally used to make thyroid hormones. It is an important fact that only 20% of T3 made up by thyroid gland and the other 80% comes from thyroxine which is converted by liver and kidneys. T3 and T4 increase our metabolic rate. They make all our body cells stronger for work, which results in more energy for cell as they cause increase in the body temperature, pulse rate, make heartbeat stronger and food is used up more quickly. While calcitonin helps to regulate calcium level in our body.
The cue of hormones associated with Thyroid Gland:
According to the facts about hormones it is a vital hormonal gland. It looks like butterfly, located at the front of the neck under our voice box, and contain two lobes on the side of trachea. Thyroid gland plays a major role in metabolism, bone density, heart and digestive functions, muscle control and other developmental growth of human body. It releases steady or constant number of thyroid hormones into our bloodstream which helps to regulate many functions. Thyroid gland secrets three hormones.
- Triiodothyronine (T3)
- Tetraiodothyronine (Thyroxine orT4)
It is an important fact that only 20% of T3 made up by thyroid gland and the other 80% comes from thyroxine which is converted by liver and kidneys. T3 and T4 increases our metabolic rate. They make all the cells of our body harder for work which results more energy for cell’s requirement as they cause increase in the body temperature, pulse rate, make heartbeat stronger and food is used up more quickly. While calcitonin helps to regulate calcium level in our body.
Role of Parathyroid Gland in release of hormones.
Parathyroid glands are four small glands of human endocrine system. They produce parathyroid hormone which helps to maintain calcium level in our bloodstream and tissues that depends upon calcium level for proper body functioning. Calcium provides electrical energy to our muscular, skeletal and nervous systems. Calcium is only element that has its own regulatory system. In human body everything should be in precise amount, similarly less amount of calcium in body can cause major muscle and nerve problems. Parathyroid hormone stimulates many functions, as it releases calcium from bones into the bloodstream and helps in the absorption of calcium in from our diet by intestine. It plays a key role in the conservation of calcium by the kidneys. Parathyroid hormones also stimulate kidney cells to absorb necessary calcium from the intestine.
The essential hormones belonging to Adrenal Glands:
Adrenal glands are triangular shaped organs which are located at the top of kidneys. They release certain hormones into our bloodstream in our body. Many of these hormones helps to bear stress and some are vital to existence. They produce hormones in response to signals from the pituitary gland in the brain. Adrenal gland produces cortisol hormone, Aldosterone, epinephrine and norepinephrine. Cortisol is secreted from adrenal cortex that helps or allows the body to continue to stay on alert as catabolic activities of cortisol provides energy to the body. Cortisol helps to maintain blood sugar level, regulate metabolic rate and also reduces the rate of inflammation. Aldosterone is a steroidal hormone as it plays a key role in regulation of salts and water in our body and also helps to regulate the blood pressure. It helps in the re-absorption of water along with sodium when body needs them. Epinephrine and nor epinephrine are activated in stressful situations when our body needs additional energy to endure this unusual strain.
Hormones related to Pancreas:
It is an organ located behind the stomach in upper left abdomen that helps in the conversion of food into fuel for the growth of body cells. As an endocrinal gland it helps in the regulation of blood sugar level and also plays an important role in the secretion of hormones which are basically insulin, glucagon, somatostatin and pancreatic polypeptide.
Insulin is a natural and anabolic hormone which helps our body how to use and store blood sugar which is known as glucose. It also helps in glucose uptake, glycogenesis, lipogenesis, and also in synthesis of protein. Glucagon counteracts the actions of insulin by increasing blood sugar (glucose level).
Somatostatin is a human growth hormone that is involved in metabolism in insulin dependent diabetics. Hyper secretion of the growth hormones causes insulin resistance and poor metabolism. Pancreatic polypeptide secreted by PP cells in endocrine pancreas consists of 36 amino acids and helps in the stimulation of gastric juice secretion but it also inhibits the gastric secretion produced by Penta gastrin.
The scoops about hormones releasing from Ovaries:
The ovaries are found in female reproductive system. It is found in pair and resides in pelvic cavity of female tract. The hormones releasing from them are Estrogen and progesterone. The ovaries also give rise to eggs that are then fertilized by sperm. They are the main factors from which new individual are developed. Progesterone and estrogen are the main hormones of pregnancy. Progesterone is produced from placenta by the aid of cholesterol. These hormones have opposite effects on uterine contractility; progesterone is decreased when estrogen increases. These hormones also aid in development of breast and preparing them from lactation. The hormone released by anterior pituitary gland is also stimulated by estrogen. The ovaries functions at puberty stage, although it is present in early age.
The cues about the hormones found in Testis:
Testes are the organs found in only male reproductive organ that produce sperm. The testes or testicles lie outside the pelvis in scrotum. These organs produce testosterone, an androgenic hormone that regulates sperm production. It also aids in promoting secondary sexual characteristics in men at puberty. A latest research also reveals that testosterone protects the brain. This hormone mediates attention and ability to concentrate at specific point. When these hormones start declining, it could be a risk factor to develop dementia. This hormone is secreted by ladling cells of testis. Testis also produce another hormone called inhibin as it works for inhibition and sometimes it also secret little amount of estrogen.
Other facts associated with the hormones according to the modern researches are:
• Estrogen helps in controlling cholesterol.
• Testosterone protects the brain, published in an article.
• Both male and female need estrogen and testosterone.
• When the women are in menstruation phase they are not hormonal changes.
The hormones of human body play essential role in reproduction, health and fertility. These are the real facts that describe the importance of hormone in human body. When these hormones get disturbed, many complications occur. Each part of human body is necessary for survival. Hormones play an important role in our body growth, better development, metabolism functions, and sexual functions and majorly in reproduction. If these hormones release in high or less quantity our body functions changes and these changes are harmful to our body. Hormones regulate some of our body processes like hunger, blood pressure and other sexual desires they are fundamental to all the systems of our body as they channelize our body how we can breathe or how can we expand energy.